Wednesday, October 5, 2016

My review for Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Kit, Nude - Eye Shadow: 0.26 Ounce, Eyeliner: 0.02 Ounce & Mascara: 0.28 Ounce!!!

Great Colors & Very Shimmery! I love this kit.,



I have a slight addiction with makeup! And Physicians Formula is one of my go to brands. When I seen this Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Kit I needed it in my life. Not only because its Nude but because I love shimmery eye shadows/liners. So I bought it! I was very pleased when it arrived!

To begin I will start off with the eye shadow palette!

Nude Eye Shadow Palette: They really nailed the shimmery part of the eye shadows. So if your looking for a pigmented eye shadow this wouldn't be for you. But if your looking for that nice sheer shimmery look this palette would be perfect. I like taking a medium shade & applying to my eyelid. Then a darker shade in my crease with the lighter shade more closer to my eyelash line. And to set it off I take the lightest shade in the palette to give a nice highlight to my brow bone. I usually use a white eye shadow but I found the light tan gives it a more natural highlight! Not so obvious. End look is very nice & I definitely get lots of compliments. Now the brush/applicator that comes in the palette I dislike it picks up a lot of the product/shadow! And when applying the shadow most of it stays on the brush/applicator! It may just be me but I really do not like the brush! So I began using my finger until I can find a brush that works! Overall I am happy with the eye shadow palette!


Mascara Duo: There is only one thing I dislike and its that the brown end of the mascara is short. Why do I dislike that? The reason is because when you unscrew it & pull it out to use, the block limits how close you can get to your eyelashes. The block is the square part the brush comes out of! Now the end with the black mascara its long enough to get right in there & get all your lashes without your face fighting with the container. Now if I didn't have to fight with the brown I would have no complaints! I found that this mascara really gets all your lashes instead of a hit or miss or clumping. To me the bristles on the brush are strong but soft and really gets the look I have been wanting. I also like how when the brush starts out its small then big then small almost like a lemon. Oh that makes sense! Also the brush end is flexible meaning it bends instead of being stiff! Very nice & I am very pleased with the quality of this mascara! And to me it really makes my eyes pop.




Eyeliner Trio (Black & Metallic Gold)- I am extremely picky when it comes to eyeliners. Every makeup look I always have a line on top & on my water line. My one pet peeve is after getting my makeup perfect about a hour or so later I have a line in the crease of my eye where my eye shadow is. It gets frustrating especially when your out running errands etc! BUT I have to say Physicians Formula really nailed the quality of the these liners. The one is a jet black with with shimmer & the metallic gold is like a brown/metallic with lots of shimmer to it. They apply nicely! You don't have to apply pressure at all just lightly draw your line. I like to take the metallic gold & go over the top of the black line I do because to me it really gives a nice crisp look while looking completely natural. Its hard to explain! Now when it comes to them lasting 24 hours I do not think so. Yes 12 hours but not 24! You can go swimming & sweat & you will not have eyeliner running which is really nice.(Yes I tested this method out) I am not one who can go to the beach & look like a model coming out. So being able to apply a little makeup I can achieve the nice beach look when coming out of the water. And when the liner gets dull just twist where the eyeliner comes out.

Now when it comes to recommending this Nude Eyes Kit, I would have to say it aims more for the beginner audience rather than the advanced audience. Yes a more professional makeup artist will like these products but a beginner to me would get more use out of them. And this would be a great starting point for a beginner. Just my opinion, overall I am happy besides the few things I mentioned that I didn't like.


You can purchase this Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Kit on Amazon!! Here is the link: Click Here!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment